Re : A stab at tab(lature) notation

    I think we could find something easy to type but also easier to read at
a first glance. I propose something like (My Babe intro):

   1    2    3    4    1    2    3    4    1    2    3    4    1    2  1/2
b                   3 4 3 4                                   3 4 3 4
d 2   2 3                       3    r           2 3                    3
(1)
(2)

the first line gives the beat.
b, d, r, ... keep the meaning defined by George. Bent notes go to the third
and fourth lines. Spacing between beats may vary to fit more shorter notes.

hope this helps.

--- Pierre F. ROUBERTIES, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights ---
Think positive.
Rodney Dagenfield continues to be a loser. When he went to the beach this
summer he said, "I put a seashell to my ear and got a busy signal."