Re: Tired lips and practice ...

> Also, I was curious what others practise  - entire songs, or
> licks , or just repeating phrases to improve tone and technique ?
> Shankar.

I always start off a practice session by playing a full song and working
on that, usually one I know pretty well. I always seem to learn more and
more from working on the subtle intonations in Juke by Little Walter. Then
I try and move on and practice something I don't know, ofcourse, this
involves buying new CD's or Cassettes regularly but atleast that way I can
justify spending my money on new music all the time. Exercises, like
scales and stuff are supposed to be good too, although I hate them so much
I never bother to try and learn to play them. That probably explains why
I'm not much good at anything other than straight and cross harp. The best
practice technique I've found yet though, is to play what you enjoy. If
you hear some music and you think, wow! Then start practicing it cause
I've found that I learn a lot more that way when you really want to know!
I too would be interested to here what other people are practicing!

						-Todd