DOUG JAY

As noted in earlier posting. Doug Jay has an album out called
Until We Meet Again, available by mail for $15 (CD) or $10
cassette plus $1.50 postage ($3 overseas) from

Blue Jay Productions
PO Box 470998
San Francisco CA 94147-0998

I'll be reviewing it in the still-upcoming HIP No. 4.

Doug has been working with an Austrian group called Mojo
Blues Band that has had a couple of top-40 hits over there,
replacing their front man harmonica/singer, Christian Dozzler (?)
and is doing two tours with them. At first he was considering
moving over there and joining them fulltime if things went well,
as he's tired of the no-money San Francisco scene, which doesn't
let him keep an original group together to play his original
arrangements.

But after the first tour, he told me he didn't want to move over
there, as the group was a little too restrictive as far as doing
his own music and his own gigs. So it looks like he'll remain an
underutilized treasure of the West Coast for the time being. He
still wants to work in Europe, and is doing a 2 week tour of
Italy under his own name this month.

Winslow Yerxa
Harmonica Information Press