Re: U.S. Postage Stamps - Howlin' Wolf

Well I think Howlin' Wolf's harp playing alway shines because he was so
elegant and simple. Like I said, I don't think he was one of the most
technical players, but neither was Jimmy Reed. Actually now that I think
about it some of my better licks are from Sonny Boy II and they are very
simple. I guess what it really boils down to is personal taste. To me,
elegance and style say as much as technical ability. My favorite Howlin'
Wolf CD is titled "Alive and Cookin' at Alices Revisited". ( I think. I will
confirm that name ). Some real great blues and some good harp playing. Again
this is personal taste.
Finally I too, am glad they are FINALLY honoring the blues with a postage
stamp, but on the other hand does it show the more recent commercialization
of the blues? I hope not. We don't need to see the blues ripped off again!

Tim Moody