Seeking and offering advice on chromatic harps.

Just joined this list-- Howdy all, my name is Spence.

			  Playing While Driving

	I play mostly chromatic. I live in Boulder CO, the point being
that when I drive on the plains, the roads are pretty straight and you can
see traffic coming from a long way off. I have long legs and an automatic
transmission, so I usually drive with my knees and use both hands on the harp.
Does anyone else do this?

		    Looking for Chromatic Reccomendations

	I am looking for another chromatic harp. Specifically I'm
interested in any reviews of: the Suzuki Leghorn, Toots Thielmans Hard
Bopper,Super 64, Hwang (what is that model called anyway?), and any others
you think are worthwhile.

		My Experience With Super Chromonica and CX-12

	I currently play a Super Chromonica in E, which has a rich brassy
sound, but leaks a lot around the stop, and so is weak and slow to
respond, especially at the bottom. Also I have a CX-12, which is
incredibly comfortable on the lips, is air tight, easy to hold, and
handsome. Unfortunately, it sounds whiney, especially at the top, like a
clarinet or something. It could be my fault. Any suggestions?

		An Idea About an Electric (Not Miked) Chromatic

	You know those electric saxaphones that you blow in, and some
little sensor reads how hard you're blowing and creates a signal that you
can then send through a midi and sound like any thing you want? I hear the
top-of-the-line ones sound really good (in a synthy way or course).
	I would like such a device based on a chromatic harp setup. That
way, all of us who could have learned the notes on that instrument could
gain access to the unlimited world of midi sounds, or even play silently in
public, using earphones. Other advantage include no reeds to wear out,
and the ability to switch keys or even tunings at the touch of a button.
	Of course its flow sensors would have to accomodate blowing
and drawing, and be super-sensitive in order to emulate real harp
dynamics. On the other hand, maybe just a simple pressure sensor would
work, since drawing assumably creates a a partial vacuum, while
blowing elevates pressure in the chamber over ambient air pressure.
	Please don't think I'm suggesting an electric harp could ever
substitute for the beautiful sound of real reeds. But it might be an
interesting new direction. If anyone has heard of such a device, or has
ideas about how to construct one (materials, pressure sensors et c.)
please send to the list, or let me know.

			Thanks in advance for your responses.

Spence Pearson					   pearsone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
University of Colorado at Boulder		   ************************