Re: Update: The Harp-L Tape - Copyright

Hi folks,
My first mail to this list, which has proved very interesting reading over the
last week since I subscribed.

I know of a very simple and very cheap method to copyright any documentation,
including the lyrics and music to songs.
Simply send yourself a copy of such documents via registered post and when you
receive it back DON'T OPEN IT, but file it away, so that if anyone ever tries
to pinch your ideas, you have a sealed and dated copy of the "original".
(This wasn't my idea - I think I saw it once on a children's TV prog!!)

By the way, I found it amazing that so many other people play the "moothie"
while driving the car. I spent some time delivering pizzas around Edinburgh
(Scotland), and was never without my harp, which I used to play one-handed
while driving. I found that for changing gear (my car was manual) to continue
playing I simply grabbed the harp between my lips and tongued for a couple
of notes until my hand was free again.
I must admit that this was in no way "safe", especially at festival time
(generally the whole summer in Edinburgh) when the streets fill up with
plaid-clad yanks and camera-toting asians, but I did manage to avoid them all
through judicious use of the horn (or a bent blow on 7 if my window was open)
and the motivating sound of screeching tyres.

As a concluding question, I was wandering if anyone ever had probs with playing
with a moustache. I generally find a few hairs caught in my harp after use, but
I never feel them being pulled out. Maybe I should wear some kind of hair-net
(A 'tash-net ?) to keep them out the way.

Anyway, glad to "meet" you all and much fun for the future,

Goobs,

(aka)

    Grant, dr. D.M.
    Philips Research Laboratories
    Building WAY4 047, Prof. Holstlaan 4, 5656 AA Eindhoven, The Netherlands
    Phone: +31-40-742468	 E-mail: grantd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx