Re: BLUES BROTHERS ...

Forwarded message follows:
-----------------
Date:         Fri, 17 Dec 1993 11:51:21 LCL
Sender: Blues Music List <BLUES-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>From: Tim Moody <timm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:      Re: BLUES  BROTHERS ...
Comments: To: Blues List <blues-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Multiple recipients of list BLUES-L <BLUES-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Joliet Jake and Elwood Blues are really Ackyroyd and Belushi. The whole
thing
is a gag, though the boys are very dedicated to the music they love. Just
look at their getups and the whole movie and you realize that they were
lovin
the music but poking fun at the stereotypes. Maybe that only comes across
as obvious to a native born American.

Chris

RE:
Yes it was a "GAG". I would like to point out here ( and maybe on HARP-L )
that they were inspired by one of my favorite harp players and front men,
Curtis Salgado. They were here in Eugene OR filming Animal House and they
went to the local hot spot and saw "The Nighthawks" performing which was
actually the forerunner to the Robert Cray Band. Curtis was the only one at
the time doing, "Soul Man" and Akroyd and Belushi liked it. They asked to
help them out a little and he graciously did. That's why they credit him on
the back of the first album. If it wasn't for the addition of some of the
finest blues musicains available, they wouldn't sound half that good. They
did, however, bring the blues to white suburban America and for that I for
one, am thankful.

Keep The Blues Alive

Tim Moody