Women harpers and the Little Lady?

Seeing CarolynÕs post made me wonder how many women we have on the
Harplist. I hope we will hear more from her and others. I would make
special appeal to the fairer sex to submit to the Harp Tape-our harmonica
machismo wants feminine counterbalance. I would really like to know of
women who played or play the harp. I've read the few books I can find about
the blues, but can find no mention of female harpists. Memphis MInnie? Big
Mama Thorton, maybe? Who?

Now, IÕve got a trivia question. I just bought a Little Lady and a Piccolo
Harp to give to my eight year old daughter for Christmas (she learned Mary
Had A Little Lamb on one of my harps-now I'm teaching her blues licks. Dig
that! Eight year old female blues harper.). Does anyone know if any of the
harp masters gave recording space to these tiny instruments? (Little Lady
MUST be the tiniest musical instrument in the world. If not, what?) How
about the national and international contests? Is there a catagory for
these?