Re: chromatic recommendations? plastic or wood

:I, too, would like recommendations on chromatic harps. I like the plastic
:comb on my diatonics, but have been advised, repeatedly, to start with the
:Super Chromonica. Should I hold out for a 64 to get the plastic comb? Is it

:worth the difference in price? Is the Silver Shadow 48 a piece of junk? Do
:you think a wooden comb really makes a difference in tone? Any help greatly

:appreciated.
:
:Ted Allbritton
:Allbrit_t%aplvax.span@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

REPLY:
Ted, Just a little food for thought. ALL material effects the tone.
Wood resonates at a different frequency than plastic which is different
from the resonance of a given metal alloy(Suzuki). Metal cover versus
plastic covers effects the tone. Almost every part of a harp gives it it's
tonal qualitys. Blow into a Special20 and a Marine Band. You should hear
the difference. Amplification helps me really hear the difference.
Part of the tonal differences are the materials the combs
are made of, but part of it is also construction. There are a lot of
variables to consider, the most important one being what YOU like.

Keep The Blues Alive
Tim Moody
MississippiSaxophone