chromatic recommendations? plastic or wood

 > So to sum it all up....buy the Super Chromonica (12
 > hole) and
 > have the nails replaced with screws.  After all, you
 > really
 > don't need four octaves....the extremes of the 64 are
 > comprimises
 > anyway.

As a first chromatic harp, I'd definitely suggest the Super Chromonica over the
64 (it's about 40 percent cheaper, for one thing, and I think it's a lot louder)
but that extra low octave on the 64 harps is extremely cool when used properly.
Hard to amplify, though.