New Harmonica Patent

RE:
         "the first blues harmonica to play all the notes of the
	 chromatic scale."

Just a guess....  Hohner recently introduced a 10 hole Richter tuned
button chromatic harmonica and called it something that sounded like the
the "Blues Harp".  Since Patents are very slow in being published, I suspect
this patent is the result of this "new" harp.  Has anyone seen one of
these?  Is it possible that Hohner re-arranged the blow and draw reeds to
put all the blow reeds on one plate and all the draws on the other like
a diatonic rather than both blow and draw on the same reed plate like a
chromatic.  This would make it play and bend more like a diatonic blues harp.

I have a 10 hole Richter tuned chromatic purchased from Sears in the '50s.

Pardon my cynicism, but sometimes I think there's nothing new under the
Sun (at Hohner).

Now, let's find out about that new "overblow harp" by that Doctor friend of
Howard Levy.  IMHO, That's worthy of a patent.

--

Dick Anderson  CCMO Component Engineering        Telnet                 229-3110
Hewlett Packard                                  Direct Dial      1-303-229-3110