BHF '93 clarified

--Boundary (ID /ig6uPT3EW0VxfBiFGnrxg)

Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1993 12:51:00 EST
From: "JACK ELY"@mrgate.mec.ohio.gov
Subject: BHF '93 clarified
Posting-date: Fri, 19 Feb 1993 00:00:00 EST
A1-type: DOCUMENT

    >> Brad Nixon <bnixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> phoned Jack Ely
    >> Message: Festival posting - you didn't mention a time or place.
    >> (message on machine 2/18/93 at 4:54 p.m.)

    Thanks Brad! I failed to mention the venue. Sorry I could not return your
    call but here's the post again with some late breaking news for all.
                                                                Jack
    EVENT:      BUCKEYE HARMONICA FESTIVAL '93

    DATE:       Friday & Saturday,  April 2 - 3, 1993.

    PLACE:      MARTIN JANIS CENTER - OHIO STATE FAIRGROUNDS (Gate #9)
                600 E. 11th Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43211
                (Registration packet will contain MAP & other info.)
        |             BUCKEYE HARMONICA FESTIVAL '93               |
        |           "A GATHERING OF HARMONICA FRIENDS"             |
        |Two days of renewing and making new friendships with some |
        |of our favorite harmonica friends from around the country.|
        | -OPEN STAGE  -SEMINARS    -SPECIAL EVENT "MEET DR. HARP" |
        |         -FOOD   -DOOR PRIZES   -VENDOR TABLE             |
        |                    -ENTERTAINMENT!                       |
        |  THE HARMONITUNES, JACK BACON, TOM TROESTLER, BUDDY REED |
        |       FULL FESTIVAL PACKAGE $50.00 - INCLUDES FOOD       |
        |EVENTS ALL DAY FRIDAY AND SATURDAY 10:00 A.M. - 10:00 P.M.|
        | -OPEN STAGE (this is your time, just sign up and play)   |
        | -SEMINARS (Saturday - Times TBA)                         |
        |   "ASK THE PROS" A panel of professionals to answer your |
        |    harmonica or show biz questions.                      |
        |   "HOW TO ADD COLOR TO YOUR MUSIC" by Sandy German       |
        | -SPECIAL EVENT "MEET DR. HARP" - Don't miss this chance  |
        |   to meet our World authority on open harp surgery.      |
        | -FOOD -FULL PACKAGE FESTIVAL PRICE INCLUDES FOOD. WE URGE|
        |   EARLY REGISTRATION. DETAILS TO COME IN SPECIAL MAILING.|
        | -DOOR PRIZES - RAFFLES by Paul Metris the "Raffle King". |
        | -VENDOR TABLE - harmonicas, instructional material, tapes|
        | -ENTERTAINMENT! Gala Shows Friday and Saturday night.    |
        |   HARMONITUNES (Bud Boblink, Sandy German, Danny Wilson) |
        |   JACK BACON (with Jack Bacon, Jack Bacon, Jack Bacon...)|
        |   TOM TROESTLER (The Harmonica Playing Airline Captain)  |
        |   BUDDY REED (Bud Boblink & his new one man show) & More!|
        | -LODGING INFORMATION (PLEASE MAKE YOUR OWN RESERVATIONS) |
    *   |A. QUALITY INN NORTH (I-71 & SR 161) Full Service Facility|
        |   $45 + 15.75% tax - Complimentary Continental Breakfast+|
        |   1-4 occup. total w/tax = $52.09 (614) 885 - 4084 <----+|
    *   |B. DAY'S INN FAIRGROUND (I-71 & 17th Ave.) Budget Facility|
        |   $37 + 15.75% tax - Complimentary Coffee & Donuts----+  |
        |   1-4 occup. total w/tax = $42.83 (614) 299 - 4300 <--+  |
    *Note: I just learned that the 1-800 numbers will not take registrations
    for special events so I removed them. Call Hotel direct and mention BHF
    '93 to get special room rate.
                            +----------------------------+
                            | BHF '92 Ticket Coordinator |
                            | c/o Katy Anderson          |
             TICKETS:-->    | 600 Water Street           |
                            | P. O. Box 366              |
                            | Philo, Ohio 43771-9710     |
                            |                            |
                            |   phone (614) 674-4796     |
                            +----------------------------+
    About the entertainers:
        HARMONITUNES Bud Boblink (Chicago) Bud is well known for his wizardry
        on the 2' long chord harmonica. - Also see Buddy Reed. Sandy German
        (Cincinnati), Sandy plays the pop standards, smooth, schmaltzy and
        jazzy plus some light classical stuff. Sandy knows all the tricks ala
        Larry Adler, and will tell you how it's done in his seminar.
        Danny Wilson (LA) Formerly from Detroit - One of the finest bass
        harmonica players around. Danny's custom amp and mic setup give him a
        smooth string bass sound. Danny played bass with the Harmonicats a few
        years ago. Danny moved to LA last July and went to work for Lee Oscar
        Enterprises as Artist Relations Director. These guys live thousands of
        mile apart, yet they are one of the tightest harmonica trios you will
        ever see - a treat not to be missed. They competed in the World
        Harmonica Championships sponsored by SPAH/IHO/HOHNER in Detroit 1991.
        JACK BACON (Minneapolis) Jack is accomplished on all the harmonicas.
        Mostly known for chromatic because that's what people usually "see"
        him play. He multitracks his own backup tape, playing all the parts
        himself (Chord, Bass, Harmony, Polyphonia, etc.), and plays lead
        chromatic live.
        TOM TROESTLER (Lodi, WI) American Airlines Captain - flys 747s
        transcontinental to London, Paris. Tom brings his diatonic abilities
        to us. We call him the diatonic player even chromatic harmonica
        players listen to. When he flew stateside he frequently entertained
        the passengers with a song appropriate for the region. BTW Tom also
        plays chromatic and promises to play someting on his custom made
        musette chromatic he won in Memphis last May. The musette is two 16
        hole chromatics retuned to give the tremolo effect. They are fastend
        together and use a special mouthpiece/slide mechanism which channels
        air to both harmonicas.
        BUDDY REED (aka Bud Boblink) Bud does a one man show using several
        types of harmonica. You will like his humor, schtik and virtuosity.
        This will be Bud's Columbus debut.

                           Thanks!    End of Commercial
    + Jack N. Ely, Operations Mgr.    Internet: SYS_ELY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx +
    + Ohio Department of Education              ely.j@xxxxxxxxxxxxx          +
    + Division of Computer Services     BITNET: N/A                          +
    + 180 E. Engler Street                UUCP: mecsys!odevax!ely            +
    + Columbus, Ohio 43215           Voice: (614)466-7000 FAX: (614)221-6050 +
    +"Have harmonica, will travel."                  [|OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO|]=<] +
    +  Wire Cat Daddy, Columbus                      /_________________/     +

--Boundary (ID /ig6uPT3EW0VxfBiFGnrxg)--