harps

 Steve Jennings et al--
 I agree that the Suzuki ProMasters are overpriced. However,
I also have some Suzuki Folk Masters that are relatively
cheap, and I've been pleased with them. For such small
harps, they are surprisingly loud and bright. They sound
particularly good amplified. Haven't had them long enough
yet to evaluate how they'll last _ and I suspect this is
their drawback, from the looks of 'em.
 I remain hopelessly clueless about overblows, although
I appreciate the advice that others have given. God
apparently does not want me to do overblows _ I've been
playing for 15 years now, and it's just not happening.
 Has anyone tried the new Hohner Big River Harps? I picked
up a couple more of these over the weekend and have added
them to my "gig kit" of harps. I'm very happy with them _
they're the first harps that have interested me since I
first tried the Lee Oskars.
 My "gig kit" is a motley group of diatonics _ currently
three Hohner Big Rivers, two Hohner Pro Harps,
two Suzuki Folk Masters, a Lee Oskar and a Hohner Golden
Melody. I find that I like different harps in different
keys :) I also pack along a couple of cheap Chinese
tremolo harps in C and G just for grins, along with some
back-ups of important keys for the diatonics. I then use
a Shure Green Bullet played through a Fender Princeton
Chorus, a transistor amp that compensates for its lack
of "tube warmth" by having a nice built-in stereo chorus
and lots of sound-shaping controls.
 Called Kevin at Kevin's Harps up on the phone this week
and found he was in New Jersey. Sounds like a road trip!
 What kind of set-ups do you folks use for gigs?