BLUES: William Clarke & Mark Hummel (forwarded)

Article #19231 (19269 is last):
Newsgroups: rec.music.bluenote
From: vinoski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Stephen Vinoski)
Subject: BLUES: William Clarke & Mark Hummel
Date: Tue Jan 12 09:44:02 1993

A couple of questions about blues harmonica players:

1) Did William Clarke ever release any more albums after his "Blowin'
   Like Hell" release on Alligator a few years ago?  He is such a
   great harp player.  Did he put out anything prior to that release?

2) Does anybody know about a new CD by Mark Hummel, a California-based
   harp player?  My brother just saw him and his band down in Memphis
   and they were hawking their new CD, but he didn't find out the name
   of it or what label it's on.  I have a tape that Hummel made a few
   years ago which features Sue Foley on guitar and Charles Brown on
   piano, and there are some great tunes on there.  In particular, "Up
   and Jumpin' Thang" is a blues harmonica clinic, featuring Hummel on
   both chromatic and diatonic, switching effortlessly and fluidly.

If anyone has any information about these blues harmonica gods, I
would appreciate it.

thanks,
-steve

Steve Vinoski  (508)436-5904   vinoski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Distributed Object Computing Program
Hewlett-Packard, Chelmsford, MA 01824       These are my opinions.