Which key to buy?

 > I'm looking to move up from my C harp and I'm not sure
 > which key to purchase
 > next, either A or D, for playing blues in E or A...
 > Anyways, my question is: Besides being in different keys, how do
 > these two harps differ in playability?

 The "D" harps definitely are easier to play, due to the
less thick reeds used. I really like D harps, and A, of course, is a popular
blues key that the D harp crosses to quite nicely.

 > I've never blown anything but a C harp. I will
 > probably get a Special 20, maybe a Marine Band,
 > possibly a Lee Oskar.

I'd suggest a Lee Oskar or a Pro Harp, which is a Special 20 with black covers.
For some reason, I like the Pro Harp sound better.