Re: Telling HIP about HARP-L

> Winslow writes:
> > I was about to run a newsitem in HIP No. 4 about the harplist
> > and how to susbcribe. But some of what I've seen in this thread
> > makes me hesitate. Do the members really feel that opening it
> > up to a wider group will dilute it? It sound like some of what
> > people want to avoid is bad nettiquette as opposed to low-grade
> > questions (there are NO dumb questions - and if you believe
> > there are, just review the archives for this list. Plenty of
> > the contents would qualify, at least the early ones).
>
> Informing HIP readership about this list will *not* dilute it IMO.
> Do it!
>
> Marc Dashevsky  marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree with Marc.  The problem that I've seen with newsgroups is that
it is too easy for people who want to start flame wars for fun to have
access to the group.  What's required to get a listserv often requires
that you actually want to hear info on the subject, as it's hard to
ignore mail in your mailbox.  So let the masses know! <grin>  Besides,
r.m.b hears about once/month and that I think has brought in some great
conversation threads.

Ron

--
  Ron Nelson              Jake liked his women how he liked his kiwi fruit:
  rnelson@xxxxxxxxxxxx    firm yet yielding, sweet yet tart, and covered with