Minor tunings, country tunings?

In a recent catalog from Kevin's Harps, I was reading about Lee Oskar's
minor tuned harps:  two different tunings, as I recall (though I lost the
catalog in a recent move).  Anybody use these?  Anybody find them essential,
or a waste of time?  I ask because I'm playing in a country band right now,
and I'm wondering if it would be worth my time to try learning a new layout.

By the way, has anyone else noticed a resurgence of the harmonica in popular
country recently?

All advice will be appreciated.

Jim "JimBob" Brown