Tony Glover

Ray and Glover's first duo recording "Ashes In My Whiskey" was(is?) on
Rough Trade, which went bankrupt a few years back. I may be available somewhere
on RT or has been reissued on another label. Their second is on a Portland,OR
label and I will post information when I can check the details. Spider John
Koerner was part of the folk/blues revival in New York. Boston and Minneapolis
(mainly Minneapolis). He played with Ray and Glover in coffee houses around
the same time Bob Dylan was in Minnesota. They recorde 3 or 4 trio recordings,
all which are out of print. They were (and still are) considered to be very
influential on Dylan, Bonnie Raitt, Dave Van Ronk, and other peripheral folk
and blues players. Spider John is still playing in Minn. in more of a folk
style, similar to Dylan's last acoustic recording.

chris adams