Chromatics

	Hi all, my name is Eric Lippe actually, and I've been really
playing (Hour/day) for about 8 months.  Recently, Charlie Musselwhite
came through town, and I was inspired to buy a chromatic.  Having only
$70, I purchased a Chrometta 12-hole.  Within weeks, the slide was
sticking ridiculously, the bottom three reeds were completely flat, the
four high reeds are raspy and "tight", and the inside casing is rusting
horribly.  Is this a junker harp?  I don't have $150 to spend on a
super-64, or $225 for a Chromonica...  I just want a decent chromatic
that plays well, I don't care about tone, though I do want a fare range.
Hmm.. other stuff..  I just got a Weltmeister G/C harp from a teacher of
mine who bought it in Moscow 15 years ago.  It tasted awful, and the red
paint was flaking off, so I soaked it in some Belgian Beer, then water,
and sanded the paint off the playing surfaces of the comb.  As you can
tell, I care about playability, not value.  It gives a really great chord
sound, although on some holes, only the top or bottom reed of the
"octave-reeds" actually plays.  Do you guys think that it's wise to play
this thing?  I imgaine it's pretty nasty in there, it _was_ left in a
basement for 15 years?  Maybe I'm just being paranoid..