Harp Theory

Hi All!

Today I had a long talk with a friend about music theory and it got me to
wondering about the Harmonica.  Specifically, how are harmonicas made up
(I am referring to the note to note arrangement of 10 holers) and how does
one determine the scale/key of a single harmonica.

Granted, I may not have the background to understand all of your answers, but if
it is not too basic of a question, I will really apprecitate and discussions
on the subject.

Thanks in advance
Peter