WEIRD HARMONICAS?

Has anyone out there ever heard of a Thorens chromatic harmonica?  a shop
in town has one .  I think it's made by the same people that make the
turntables.  I t has no valves so therefore plays with more effort than
you'd expect from a chromatic.  Was this the way they came new or did
someone rip the valves out per Winslow's  Auto Valve tips?  The other
thing this shop has is a Rollmonica.  Kind of like a player piano type
deal.  You put the roll in and crank it through while blowing and it
plays a song.  Any further information and or history on either of these
harmonicas would be appreciated.  See I don't just live and breathe only
amps.  FJM