Re: James Harman/Mark Hummel

Tough call.  Neither one of these guys is my favourite type of player.  I
think James Harman might be less one dimensional because of his superior
singing abilities.  I sure enjoyed his band the first time I saw him.
The second time I didn't like the show nearly as much because the band
wasn't as good.  I read a review on the list where someone was describing
a kind of harmonica led band you hear a lot as "a life support system for
harmonica solos"  not to slam Mark but he leans in that direction.
Neither one of these guys are very lyreical and that's what I'm looking
for in a harmonica player.  Paul deLay and Toots Theilmans spring to
mind.  Mark Hummel has awsome chops especially on chromatic.  James
Harman puts on quite a show.....Hmmm Tough Call.  FJM