mic. tones

I've been following the thread on mics and this is what to me seems to be
the summation:
                Shure SM58 - Nice clean sound

                Astatic crystal - Nice distortion & keeps the high intact

                                                                  ^
                                                (that should read high 'end')

                Shure Green Bullet - Nice distortion but high end rolls off

Am I right or wrong on this.  I think I'm ready to go out an get a mic now -N9
(especially since Sam Ash is having a sale!)  Anybody have any comments on
other mics?
BU
bob@xxxxxxxxx