Blues Harp

I am a new subscriber to this harp digest and have only relatively recently
began playing and appreciating the harmonica.  I have a question about
playing the Blues Harp though.  Last night I made my first recording of
myself playing a few notes on my harp, and when I played it back to myself,
it seemed to sound a bit less full or breathier than the recordings I hear on
songs with harmonica.  I use the lip blocking technique.  Am I doing
something wrong that I'm not getting the full sound that I want, or is it
just that it's a Blues Harp and not a Marine Band (which I've heard give a
fuller sound)?  Thanks for any help you can give me.
David