Harmonica Program

Hi everyone...

I have been on the harp list for about a month now and have enjoyed it very
much.  I have been looking through the Archives as well and found lots of
useful information.

Anyway, I have created a "harmonica program" which takes harmonica type
(diatonic or chromatic), key for the diatonic, chord or scale, and chord or
scale type (A B C# etc) and prints a character generated (not fancy graphics)
picture of the harmonica and shows the placement of the requested notes on the
harmonica.  Right now it is limited to:
major chord
minor chord
augmented
diminished
7th
major 7th
9th
6th
maj susp 4th

blues scale
major scale
chromatic scale

It has just been completed, and any other scales and chords can easily be
added.  It also prints out bends, but i have not put in overblows since i cant
do them!! (although i am open to change if other more proficient players are
interested in them).  Is anyone interested in this program?  does anyone have
any suggestions on what else could be added?  I thought about adding modes, but
have not quite decided how i would implement it (just having the different
modes for a given harmonica key would just show the same major scale notes,
although a mode in a different key would seem useful...).  I am also
considering adding other things such as some type of "riff maker"  which could
input a riff for storage and transpose it to other keys and such.  I realize
the chords may be over done - i don't know if i ever us a "maj susp. 4th" chord
in my playing, but i created this program from a similar guitar program i made
so i could avoid buying chord/scales books....But then again maybe some of you
are using more stuff than me since i only feel comfortable in 3 positions... I
found it useful for finding some of the high notes i was wasting by sticking to
the lower register.

Anyway, any suggestions will be helpful, and (after i get some suggestions and
maybe add some other stuff) i would be willing to give people a copy of the
program as long as nobody wants to sell it or something and you send me a disc
and an envelope and stamp and address to send it to you.  Unfortunately, it is
a PC-DOS only program, but if people are interested, by brother has a Mac, so i
may be able to make it for that to.

My address is :

Tim Wong
222 Columbia St. #210
Santa Cruz, Ca. 95060.

but don't send me anything until i re-post that the program ready.
--
Tim Wong -- Tim_Wong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Seagate Technology   -   920 Disc Drive   -   Scotts Valley, CA 95066 USA

### OGATE Version 8 message trace and attachment information:
### MsgFileName: m:\mgate\outbound\538.MSG
### Org Date:    08-19-94 03:29:30 PM
### From:        Tim Wong@SEAGATE
### To:          Harp-L @ WKUVX1.WKU.EDU @ INTERNET
### Subject:     Harmonica Program