Re: Hot Metal and Delta Blues Harps

Bill Grogan wrote:

>        On a similar note, my colleague, Mark Holland, saw some Delta Blues
>harps made in China at the same shop recently.  The were cheap (ca. $) with a
>plastic body, and apparently Hohner clones.  Anyone know anything about these
>as well before Mark spends his hard earned cash for a potential ripoff?  I
>know, I know, you get what you pay for, but I thought in his case as a neophyte
>player they might be OK to learn on.  So....what's the poop?  Thanks.

Is this a Hohner "BLUES BAND"?  I think it only comes in C and is from
China.  It's sub $5 USD and not recommendable for any serious playing.
Sorry if it's not.

On the A Hot Metal, others can chime in, but I think it's the modular one
that can be taken apart easily (2 screws) and maybe poke at the reeds to
adjust action or dislodge something.  Seems like this question is a
recurrent theme on this list - FAQ anyone?   In the mean time, check tthe
archives :)

Regards,                  haandruss@xxxxxxx
Harv                      *Opinions my own*