Re: John Brim

I don't have the recording to refer to but as I recall, Little Walter's
playing in first position and one of the high note fills you can hear
again, note for note on Cruisin' for Love on J. Geils first album.

You don't hear high note fills very often because most harp players don't
venture beyond hole #6, especially in 2nd or 3rd position. And most of
those that do, don't do it with any fluidity whatsoever. The instrument
changes at hole 7 and most players don't make the effort to figure out how
to make the top octave work for them. Norton Buffalo, Howard Levy & Mad Cat
Ruth are a few of the ones I know who make great use of that part of the
harp.

Ricky B.