RE: Another lurker emerges

Rick,
	It couldn't possibly be the Boston Pops, or could it?  I remember a few
(perhaps more than a few!) years ago seeing a Boston Pops with I think John
William conducting.  Anyway, they had a guest blues artist on, but can't
remember his name if I ever knew it.  This guy blew a pretty good harp and fit
in well with the orchestra.  But what I remember now about the whole thing was
the narrator or perhaps Williams telling a story about their rehearsal during
the week with the guest harpist.  Apparently they band members asked him what
songs he wanted to do and asked to see his sheet music of same so they could
make copies.  His reply was something like "I don't read music", too which
the orchestra guys said "wow, how can you play all of these diff. songs if
you don't have and/or read music?"  The harpist said something like "I don't
see how you guys play with music, I just hear what I'm going to play in my
head".  This apparently even more blew the orchestra types away.  Sounds like
a recent conversation we had, right Harv?  Oh, yeah, in thinking about it some
more, I seem to remember that this guy wore glasses (perhaps black plastic
frames), so maybe this wasn't Corky Siegel, unless his eyes have gone the way
of mine over the years!
Bill Grogan
wlgrogan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx