Re: Nine Below Zero

>Speaking of which ... has anyone seen anything of the UK based band of that
>name?  I last saw them in the early eighties, a high energy, original blues
>/ R&B band with a great harp player.

>   -- hugh

The harp player was Mark Feltham, who has played with Rory Gallagher for some
years. Dennis Greaves (guitarist) and Mark Feltham reformed the band about four
years ago. They linked up with Rory Gallagher's long-time rhythm section,
(Brendan O'Neill and Gerry McAvoy, I think), and produced an excellent album
(forget the title...).

Mark Feltham went back to touring with Rory. Nine Below Zero are still gigging,
with a new harp player who is said to be excellent. I noticed that they released
a live album recently. They play here in Stoke every few months at the
Wheatsheaf.

-----
James Berriman. School of Design & Ceramics, Staffordshire University, UK.