Intro, 14-hole Marine Band, Chromatic Repairs, ...

Hi all,

I've been playing harmonica since 1967, and I've been lurking on this list
for several months.  I must say that this list, and all you active
contributors, have been a great inspiration to me.  You have shown me that
so much more is possible with our instrument than I could have ever
imagined.  Thanks for turning me on to HIP and HH&HB and overblowing,
and for helping me realize how much I love this instrument.

I was going through some of my harps that I haven't played in 15 or 20 years
and I came across 3 chromatics (a 64 CHROMONICA and two 10-holers called
THE _CHROMONICA_ in both C and G) and a 14-hole Marine Band #365.  I got this
last one because (if I remember correctly) I heard Sonny Boy Williamson
play it on some '60s LP with The Yardbirds.  Does anyone on this list ever
use it?  I'm glad I rediscovered it because the lowest octave just oozes
a sweet bass tone.  It makes my low-F Golden Melody sound high.

Anyway, I want to get my chromatics refurbished, and I'm not great with fine
work myself.  (It's a good thing I make my living with software not hardware.)
Can anyone recommend someone who does this type of work?  I live in eastern
Massachusetts, but I'd be willing to send them anywhere in the continent, or,
what the hell, the world if I can get them repaired for something less than
the cost of buying new ones.  It's not the money per se;  I just don't want
to throw them out.  They are basically good harps that need repairs to some
reeds and slides, and must have the mouthplate (correct term?) better attached
to the harmonica body.  Please email me at marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx if you think
a posting would not be of general interest.

Finally, what is the status of the HARP-L tape?  I've lost track.
I'd really like to hear you all.  To where to I send my blank tape?

Thanks in advance for your responses,
__Marc