Re: The Gb scale.

For the record, I have played both tuba and harp, although I'm not much
of a harp player.

And the reason a harmonic minor harp wouldn't be ideal for cross-
harping is that it doesn't follow the pattern of diatonic modes.  The
sixth degree remains minor but the seventh is raised, so that there is
and interval of a minor second (3, rather than one or two, semitones)
between them.  Great for a middle eastern or classical feel, but hard
(though not impossible) to make use of in other keys, where the minor
2nd would fall between other scale degrees.

Incidentally, I'm a guitarist in Ottawa, Canada.  Are there any harpists
out there from around here, for some highly informal jamming?  Just
wondering...

Chris McConnell
459045@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx