re: note bending

>     Gordon asked about bending the notes in the opposite direction.  I'm
>     not sure if you're talking about just bending the notes slightly or
>     actually achieving a full chromatic scale on the diatonic-overblows and
>     overdraws-, but both are possible.

       Dan, Thanks for a speedy reply.
       I am only interested in partial bends really. A friend has the H.Levy
       Video, but it is so much WORK for a technique I would not use much,
       if at all.

       Problem is, I love the blues, but I think it has to be *IN* a person
       so that they can play it meaningfully, this is not true for me sadly.

       My musical background is mainly English Trad. folk, almost thirty
       years in it now, so I DO relate
       quite well to morris dance, Irish dance music etc.

       The whole thing of bending notes is only a six month old discovery
       for me (thanks John). Though I  played harp on and off for 20 years
       or so. and I really use it to add movement and lift
       to that sort of music as a rule.

       Thinks, is it right to call it a harp when you don't play blues on it?
       It's certainly an easier word to type than harmonica anyway!

	Some stuff trashed here*******

>     i hope these suggestions are helpful.  I'm sure some other players
>     (Winslow?) can give even more insight into wht you're looking for.
>
>     -dan Frank

      I also would like some more feed back Dan.  Anyone else want a go?

      Thanks,
      Gordon.