Re: SONNY TERRY'S RUNNIN' BLUES

--- Begin Message ---
Ted writes...
>Harpers,
>	I put the question earlier but got no response. Again I come begging.
>Does anybody know if, and where, Sonny Terry recorded a song called
>"Running Blues". I saw him do it about fifteen or twenty years ago in a
>film clip/documentary or something. Anybody else see this, know about it.
>I still remember one verse-all I could capture of the song. Goes:
>
>Way down yonder in the crawdad field
> ----verse deleted----
>Thanks in advance
>Ted Allbritton

Ted,
	I don't have the answer - I scanned Kim Field's book (H,H, & HB) and
although the answer isn't there, found possible sources of information.

	From the H, H,& HB bibliography...

Book: "The Harp Styles of Sonny Terry" as told to Kent Cooper
       Oak Publications, New York  1975

CD     "Sonny Terry, The Folkways Years, 1944-1963" (A fine new anthology of
       this brilliant stylist's classic recordings for Folkways).
       Smithsonian  Folkways RDSF 40033

Also, H,H,& HB mentions that Sonny recorded on "Vocalion" in 1938 with Blind
Boy Fuller. I assume Vocalion is another (defunct) recording company.

So I thought maybe the answer may be in the library or on some CD liner notes.

							Good luck,

                     Jack Ely          ely.j@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

--- End Message ---