Re: Marine Band Swelling

I generally don't like to soak my harps, and comb swelling can become a
problem after playing for an extended period.  I have found that
thoroughly soaking the comb with Dow Corning 200 polydimethylsiloxane (the
same silicone they inject into peoples lips etc.) completely prevents
swelling.  It's important to treat the harp before playing it and it will
obviously only work on a harp that starts out with a good seal.  It's
important to use the stuff that's safe for human consumption.  Does anyone
else do this?  Are their other favorite methods for treating wooden harps?

-- tony

  ---  tony