Sax/Harp/Van/CAndy

>I like to listen to Richie Buckley (Irish jazz player) when he's playing
>with Van Morrison, especially live on the more soul/R'n'B numbers. Ken
>Ficara will know what I mean.

I haave been following this sax thread and would like to make a few points.
One, I have also heard that Little Walter, who was born in Louisiana, was
greatly influenced by the cajun and early zydeco accordion players, which
would make sense, considering harps and accordions are both free reed
instruments. Secondly, I recently saw VAn Morrison in concert, with Junior
Wells as guest. Needless to say, the sound of harps, saxes, and a horn-like
voice quality was a significant part of the show. Also, Candy Dulfer was
playing sax along withe the great Pee Wee Ellis (of James Brown fame and
Van's musical director of some years back). Both Van and Junior Wells
did some singing through their harps, producing some very unusual effects.
I'm not sure if Richie Buckley was with them. Does anyone know of specific
recordings he's on? Also, VAn opened the show playing a very raw soprano
sax intro. He is not an accomplished sax or harp player, but I equate the
effects with  the less than perfect but emotional harp playing by Howlin
Wolf, as mentioned previously by Tim Moody.

Chris Adams
chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx