FULL BENDS ON A CHROMATIC?

I have a question about FULL bends on the chromatic.

A couple of us here at work wonder if full bends would cause short or
long term damage to the instrument.

I know the partial bends are used to add expression to pieces played on
the  chromatic, re Larry Adler for one.

Also, my main chromatic is a Honer G about fifty to sixty years old.
(My other being a Tower Brand in C, VERY cheap and a bit flimsy, cost
five U.K. pounds, tinny sound but in tune and o.k.ish.)

Would full bends harm an older instrument, where on a new one it would
be alright to do it?

Note:-
I'm not talking about overblows, which I have not got into yet.I get
the feeling they are not that easy to do anyway, so I've left them
alone, being a bit of a defeatist, and not a blues player.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gordon.