Steve Baker Special

I bought my first Steve Baker Special (in D) from Kevin (great price-$35)
and I'm quite excited. I've read that the 14th hole was empty, but that's
not quite right. At least 1/2 of it is there as you can get the major
7th (1st pos.), in this case C# on the draw. Thus, there are two
complete octaves on the top end when playing in 1st position. I like this
quite a bit.
Also, now I can play the major 7th (in cross position) without retuning.
Of course, the low holes on this D are difficult to bend, so I've got a
lot of practice to do, but still, it does what I thought it would do.
Furthermore, those chunky, thick low chords on the bottom end are
fantastic. I'm gonna buy an A eventually, because the low end is the same
as a regular A diatonic and therefore will be easier to bend and register
precise notes for a lot of the Jazz standards like Misty & Georgia on My Mind
that I've used the Major 7th tuned (raised 1/2-step on 5th draw) for.
The major 7th tuned is still my favorite diatonic, but the SBS surely
will challenge!                    ROB