Re: Saxaphone

There are three legendary Texas saxophonists, Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis,
Arnett Cobb, and Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson.  Vinson was known as a
bluesman with wry lyrics; Davis and Cobb were more main-line jazz.  I
heard both Cobb and Vinson live, several times; once I heard all three
of them at "Sandy's Jazz Revival", an historic jazz room, when Pablo
Records brought them together to cut some live records.

It's Arnett Cobb who stands out in my mind as having the most to offer
harp players.  His style was built on bending on and off pitch,
imparting great feeling to his medolic lines, which were often
blues-based.

	--Charlie