re:rec.music.makers posting

    George-

    I don't know how to use usenet, but if you want to pass some info
    along to Darren:

    Probably the best info I've seen on Popper is in Winslow's interview in
    HIP No. 2.  Every time I've seen Blues Traveler, he's been playing a
    Special 20, and he said that was his far and away favorite in the HIP
    interview.  As far as what keys he uses, I'd say he's pretty adept at
    playing the whole range of 'em, the high one's for those blistering
    speed solos and the low ones for some of those nasty new york city
    trafic type tunes.

    If I weren't at work I'd check out what key But Anyway is in.  Maybe
    someone else can help out.  I don't know if I'd try any of that stuff
    on a wooden bodied harp.

    You might want to suggest to Darren that, being his first day on the
    harp, it may not be  the instrument that sounds bad.  Hmmm... what else
    could it be?  Seriously though, he may have an easier time with
    something in a lower key.

    If anyone else has any info on Popper I'd love to hear it.  Winslow's
    article was helpful, but I'd love more info on how to work up to
    playing that kind of stuff.  I've been working on playing scales with a
    metronome and thats helped.  Also, anyone up to transcribing one of
    those solos for Harp-l???? Consider it a challenge.

    -Dan.