Carey Bell No Show

	Carey Bell showed up late for his 11/3/93 date at House of
Blues.  His band leader opened the 10:00 set, expressing hopes that
Carey would appear before end of set, then finished the set expressing
hopes he would appear before set #2.  I finished my beer and headed
for the door. As I reached for the handle, the door jerked open and
there stood Carey Bell.  "Good evening, Mr. Bell," I said to him. "I
know what you mean!" he replied.  I returned to the bar and saw most
of his set.  It was worth the wait.
	--Charlie