Life is weird

    ....Okay, so today is Saturday and most of the people in my 12-plex are
gone. That gives me the chance to pull out my Bassman reissue and practice
using my stage set-up - which usually is too loud for an apartment building,
but which should be OK today.
 I'm playing away, using the diatonic and a new G chromatic I bought, when I
look out the window and see a guy standing, oh, 20 feet away outside. He's
looking around, obviously trying to figure out where the music is coming
from. After a few minutes, he lights up a cigarette, listens a bit longer and
walks away.
 I practice for another 20 minutes or so, then head out to my truck. As I'm
getting in, I hear a voice behind me say, "Wait a minute, man." It's the guy.
 He comes over and we chat. He says he heard the harp and wonders what kind
of equipment I use, whether I play in a local band (I do), etc., etc. He
compliments me on my chromatic playing (I personally think I still suck at
it), and we compare names of local harp players we know.
 I *know* I've seen this guy, but I'm having some sort of mental block...then
I notice the tatoos all over his arms. Of course! It's Mark Wenner of the
Nighthawks. Turns out he lives two doors from me. We chat a bit longer but I
don't get up the nerve to ask whether his band might need an opening act, or
to ask for musical tips. Perhaps next time.
 Anyway, this is further proof that life is weird.