Re: SBS's Anyone?

  I bought an SBS in F and that's a high pitched key.  I specifically
wanted it in a high key because then I'd still have the lower sounding
tones that the SBS affords.  I like playing the SBS on my own because the
extra chords allows you to set up interesting rhythms that you can then
lead from in between bars.

  The SBS does take some getting used to because it is a physically
bigger instrument, but other than that, I think it sounds fine, just like
a Marine Band.  I think preserving the Richter tuning makes it easier to
learn than Hohner's version of the 14-hole harp which simple repeats the
scale once you get past hole 10.

  I've initiated a discussion about SBSs a while back and Winslow had
some great postings, including ASCII layouts of the notes of the SBS and
the 365 (Hohner's 14-hole).  Plow the archives!

--Norbert