Re: Huang

>Ted,
>    I use Huangs for practice all the time. After all of that I feel they make
great practice harps, but are a
>little tinny sounding for my tastes, so I don't perform with them.
>
>Tim Moody

Funny thing, Tim. I take my lunch outdoors in a secluded spot where I can honk
undisturbed for an hour each day. Today, just after praising the Star
Performers, the 4 draw went on a practically brand new B. (my 3 SP's are all
lower keys so I didn't know the higher ones sound tinny. Mine are low and fat.)
I guess I angered the gods. I will, in future, be more circumspect with my
praise. I take it you play Marine Bands. I do prefer the Marine Band to the
Golden Melody to the Special 20, in that order.

Tell me, if you will, what makes a reed seize up-that popped clutch thing? Not
the offset problem, easy or hard to blow, but just won't blow for a second and
then kind of pops out the note. Burrs on the reed's edge?

Ted