Re: Club owners

> **New topic of discussion**
> What was the worst gig you have ever had to play....

 Oh, baby. Hands down, it was the time I played in a roots rock band
about 10 years ago, and agreed to play at a punk rock club (actually an
old warehouse). The stage was about four feet off the ground and someone
reached over with a Bic lighter and set my shoelaces on fire.
 That caused me to dive off the stage after him so I could flatten his
pimply
face, an action which most club partrons just assumed was part of the show.
Anyway,
people grabbed us before we could go at each other and I was, um, tossed
back up on stage in time to grab my mic and blow out a solo. Then the
song ended and I spouted off a rich string of obscenities through the
mic...which again was mistaken for part of the show and which earned us
rich applause.
 People kept spitting at us too. Later, I was told that they were
"gobbing" and that this was a sign they liked us. This also caused me to
give up playing in public for a while...