Harmonica brands/8hole C Dia./muscular tension

Well, I've been playing several weeks now and have managed to spend over
US$100.00 on harmonicas and instructional materials. (BTW, the Gary
Primich two tape set available from Workshop Records is excellent for
beginning and intermediate blues players). Someone on the list said playing
harp wasn't cheap and he's right.  I've settled for now on the Hohner
Special 20.  I tried to like the Golden Melody (with all the good stuff
written about it) but the brass plate that juts out from under the cover
plate was uncomfortable for my lips and tongue. I tried a Lee Oskar and it
was very clear, bright, and loud, but I think I like the reedier sound of
the Hohner. I know this stuff is highly personal and I AM NOT TROLLING :-).
I've noticed that the 8 hole blow and draw on my two C diatonics (Hohner and
Oskar) are weaker (actually, I should say, more likely to stick) than the
other notes.  Is that a common dynamic with C diatonics?

Also, I've noticed that I'm playing with a lot of muscular tension in my
shoulders and neck. Especially when I'm trying to bend notes. Is this
something that most of you have been able to overcome? Even as I'm writing
my neck is sore. I try to relax--any hints would be appreciated.

Marcus