Magic Dick and Me :)

Yes!  I just found out that our band will be opening up for Magic
Dick's band Bluestime on Sunday December 11th at the Stanhope
House in New Jersey.  I'm a keyboard player who's been dabbling
with the harp for about a year and a half now (and getting pretty
good, IMHO). :)  I don't think I'll be breaking out any harps that
night, though.  If there are any harp-l'ers in the area, stop in
and say hello!

On a related note, I was at a local record shop the other day and
I had the Bluestime CD in my hand, ready to buy it.  I then went over
to the discount bin and found what at first appeared to be the same
CD for $1.99!  On closer inspection, I noticed that the only difference
seemed to be the cover: the discounted disc said "Magic Dick & Jay
Geils Bluestime", while the other said "Magic Dick's Bluestime" or
something like that, but the "Jay Geils" was dropped.  I heard that
there was some legal action about them using the name "J. Geils"; someone
else (Peter Wolf?) owned the name.  Anyway, I bought the $1.99 disc!

John Pittas