From: MAILER-DAEMON@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Mail Delivery Subsystem)
To: Ri58066217@xxxxxxx
Date: 94-11-18 15:06:14 EST

550 grantd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Host unknown

   ----- Unsent message follows -----
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 1994 15:05:13 -0500
From: Ri58066217@xxxxxxx
To: grantd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Ri58066217@xxxxxxx
Subject: General Questionairenaire

Q1: As a professional, I play whenever I get a job.  However, no one in this
town make a living as a full-time professional musician.  My next job will be
with the Hyland Ensemble (chromatic harmonica, classical guitar, and cello)
on NewYear's Eve at the Convention Center in Dayton, Ohio.  Our group will be
presenting our program along with many other musical groups throughout the
Cenvention center.  The Hyland Ensemble has been playing as a group since
1991.  Our guitarist teaches the classical guitar at Wittenberg University in
Springfield, Ohio.  Our cellist is a full time accountant at TV channel 2 in
Dayton, Ohio.

Q2: We try to get paid for all our performances.  However, sometimes
professionals will play for free just to get the public exposure.

Q3: I retired from the Air Force military and goverment service (Civil
Service) in 1991.  I combined both times into one, so I get a retirement
income for 37 years of federal service.  My field was telecommunications.
 Now, I spend part of my time as Editor of The Harmonica Educator newsletter,
Harmonica Educator, Music Director for the Miami Valley Harmonica Orchestra,
teaching private students in music stores, and via casette.  Professionally,
I am a member of The Hyland Ensemble.  I am active with a computer with
musical software (Clab Notator music notation sofeware).  I have transcribed
over 1,000 pieces of music.  I will being teaching classes of young people at
a local music store in Jan 1995.  I will be teaching the Hohner Rainbow
Harmonica.  These classes will be part of a on-going progressive music
program for kids and adults.  Later, I will teach the 3 octave solo tuned
Diatonic, and then the chromatic harmonica.  The harmonica has been added to
the program with other instruments (e.g., strings, woodwinds, and other bnad
instruments) I do a lot of playing in church services.  Sometimes I get paid,
but most of the time it is for free.

Q4: Our group plays early music, Baroque, Romantic period, modern  period,
folk, popular, and ragtime music.  I play a lot of music, on the chromatic
harmonica,  that is written for flute, voice,  violin, and string ensemble
(harmonica orchestra)..

Q5: The chromatic harmonica (3 and 4 octave).

Q6.  Started playing the chromatic harmonica in 1944.