technical question....

hi there,

I don't know if anyone else out there has had this experience, but here
goes anyway. About a year ago I bought a Suzuki all metal diatonic harp.
The only ones I could get my hands on were the valved ones. The valves
consist of six plastic flaps in holes 1 to 6 which close over the draw
reed enabling you to blow bend easily on holes 1 to 6.

The drawback I have noticed is that you can't play fast runs as the reeds
tend to slow down the time it takes for a note to sound. You also have to
put up with this clicking noise when they hit down on the bottom reed
plate. Gets very annoying.

Does anyone know if these reeds can be removed 'properly' - Yes that's
right I don't mean get some pliers and pull on them until they part
company with the rest of the harp !

It would make the harp much more playable in my opinion and i'd probably
pick it up more often. The old Special 20 is on it's last legs......

Thanks in advance,

Paul.