Re: technical question....

On Wed, 30 Nov 1994, Paul R. Goulden wrote:

> hi there,
>
> I don't know if anyone else out there has had this experience, but here
> goes anyway. About a year ago I bought a Suzuki all metal diatonic harp.
> The only ones I could get my hands on were the valved ones...
>
> Does anyone know if these reeds can be removed 'properly' - Yes that's
> right I don't mean get some pliers and pull on them until they part
> company with the rest of the harp !
>
> It would make the harp much more playable in my opinion and i'd probably
> pick it up more often. The old Special 20 is on it's last legs......

  If you are talking about the valves (the plastic thingies over the
metal reeds), sure. Just take the harp apart and peel 'em off with your
fingers. All they do on the ProMaster is make it easier to play blow
bends anyway. Your harp will sound fine without them. I did this with a
ProMaster I once owned for exactly the reason you mentioned...although I
largely play Special 20s now (grin)