Re: Welcome Cathi

Reply to Jack Ely:

No Jack...I'm not a harmonica player, although God knows I'm
surrounded.  Gary and Stuart (of Cooler Kings/husband) have both
tried to convert me.  I even took a couple of lessons from Gary once,
but he just gets me too tickled, making faces and trying to explain
what happens in his throat to play...well, we just got too silly.

But I would love to and the more I listen to you fellas talking about
it, the more attractive it seems.  It's not like, as I said, I don't
have some willing teachers.

But yes, I'm a vocalist.  I'm very sorry there isn't a Vocal-L --
that would put me over the top!  There is precious little discussion
on vocals in music to my way of thinking.  But I love vocals -- play
guitar (both acoustic and electric) and have my own band, The Motel
Kings (don't ask me where all this "king" stuff comes from).

I was interested to hear your comment about vocal vibrato coming out
on harp almost naturally.  I was just learning to "bend" when I gave
up the last harp lessons.  Gary can bend a note all day.  I found
that fascinating.  I love sounds...sounds created by breath.  Maybe I
should give the harp another go?

On another note -- in a later message (which I will save to answer
later) -- you put out a call for Harmonica talent for a festival next
year.  I'll tell Gary Primich about it tonight (he probably knows
something about it already) and my husband's band is very interested.
I gave him your message (by phone) and he asks me to give you his
name and see what connection you can make re:  the festival.

His band:  The Cooler Kings
           Stuart Norton, 5707 S. Handy Rd., Bloomington, IN  47401
           (812) 824-2554

           Stuart Norton (harmonica and guitar);

           Gordon Bonham (guitar, national steel guitar),

           Greg Lindholm (bass guitar - electric and stand-up), and

           Jeff Chapin (drums)

They have a new album out that is selling well called "Looks Like
Trouble."  He would be happy to send a CD to the person in charge of
the festival and is most eager to talk about possible performance.

No -- I'm definitely an AMERICAN woman.  I've been a professional
performer for over 25 years (sigh) as has Stuart.  We've had a life
in there somewhere too...but that's another story.

Hope that answers much of your questions.  Thank you for your
welcome...keep it up and I'll be on that harp (a babe among the
wolves) soon!

Cathi N.